Over the past 12 months the number of innovations within the tablet banking space have indicated that it is becoming the channel of choice amongst a significant segment of banking customers, and that many banks have already reacted by adapting their product development strategies accordingly. The increased level of functionality within tablet apps make the user experience just like banking in the comfort of their own home but having the functionality of branches that is unavailable on the mobile.
This report aggregated 35 examples of innovation from over 15 markets with a focus on the traditional “first-movers” in the tablet banking space. Our examples can be segmented into a number of key areas including personalisation, social media integration, Personal Finance Management, the use of native tablet features, and advisor and customer support. In addition, we provide a case study on Citibank US, looking at its tablet strategy and how its tablet app far surpassed the number of initial downloads of its mobile app.
10 reasons to buy this report
- For the first time web traffic coming from tablets has pushed past smartphones in a number of markets including the US, UK, China, Australia France and Germany
- The tablet channel can be utilised as an effective channel to both acquire new customers and increase conversion levels within the existing customer base
- Leading banks are frequently upgrading their tablet apps, increasing customer expectations surrounding services and functionality – understanding these upgrades it key to maintaining your competitive edge
- Key features and examples can serve as inspiration for product and feature development
- The tablet market is continuously growing, showing no signs of let-up
- Consumers are expressing a shift in preference toward using tablet devices for banking
- A number of “branch specific” features which may not be applicable to mobile apps can be implemented into a tablet app
- An easy and intuitive tablet experience can shift traffic from the telephony channel
- For those banks with an iPad only app, this report provides examples of development within the Android and Kindle spaces
- This a truly unique look into the customer journey of a potential tablet banker
How to buy this report
Please email Edward Chatham for more details or phone our London office on +44 207 727 3130
- Banco Popular
- Banco Sabadell
- Bank of America
- BNP Paribas
- Danske Bank
- Jyske Bank
- Raiffeisen Bank
- ...and more!
- South Africa