Privacy and Security Policy – How we use your information.
Mapa International Ltd (Company Number 04757016), known as Mapa Research, is a market research company established in the United Kingdom.
Mapa Research is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, we assure you that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement. Mapa Research may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page to ensure that you are happy with any changes of use. This policy is effective from 01 April 2016.
- What information do we collect about you?
- How will we use the information you provide?
- How can you get access to your information and/or correct it?
- How do you ensure my personal information is secure?
- Links to other websites
- How to contact us
- Name, company name and job title
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys if conducted.
We may collect the following information:
In addition, we may automatically collect information about the website that you came from or are going to. We also collect information about the pages of this website which you visit, IP addresses, the type of browser you use and the times you access this website. However, this information is aggregated and is not used to identify you.
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping and measurement purposes.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
If you have been given access to the client portal, we will use the information you have provided in the registration form and in the contract in order to:
- Provide you with your own personalised section of our client portal.
- Where you have indicated that you want to receive updates from us, we will use your email address to send you newsletters and other information covering the area(s) you selected.
- We may also use your phone and email contact details in order to provide you with further information about events that may be of interest and the services we provide. You can opt out of receiving this information from us by ticking the appropriate boxes. You have the right to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes at any time. If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, you may edit your details and untick the appropriate boxes or you may contact us.
We may employ the services of third party service providers to help us in certain areas, such as website hosting, maintenance, call centre operation. In some cases the third party may receive your information. However, at all times, we will control and be responsible for the use of your information.
We may use aggregated information so we can administer and improve our website, analyse trends, gather broad demographic information and detect suspicious or fraudulent transactions. We may pass this information to third parties.
We use the following categories of cookies on our website:
STRICTLY NECESSARY COOKIES
The following cookies are strictly necessary in the operation of our website. Blocking these cookies may stop the website from functioning correctly:
|Cookie Name||Cookie Domain||What we use it for|
|xxx||maparesearch.com||Session cookie used to support the website’s responsive design|
|cookie-agreed-en||maparesearch.com||Used to persist the user’s cookie opt-in preference|
|visitor_id*||maparesearch.com||A unique, non-personally-identifiable visitor ID|
Google Analytics is a web analytics service used by Mapa Research to assess the success of our campaigns and to make improvements to the website. Google Analytics does not collect personally-identifiable information.
We recommend allowing all the websites you visit to use web analytics cookies, as these cookies are non-intrusive and provide benefits to both website operators and users. If, however, you would like to opt-out of Google Analytics.
|Cookie Name||Cookie Domain||What we use it for|
Mapa Research uses Pardot to track visitors’ web browsing activity and in website submission forms including the contact, download and subscription forms. If you prefer that we do not hold any data in Pardot, please use the Contact us stating that you do not wish your details to be held by us.
It is possible for you to delete ‘cookies’ or to prevent their use by adjusting the browser settings on your computer. However, if you do prevent our website from using cookies, our website will not work properly.
You have the right to request a copy of all the information we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information please write to Mapa Research, 75 Farringdon Road. London, EC1M 3JY.
We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes.
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
We take our responsibilities to keep your personal information secure very seriously. As such, we take every reasonable precaution to ensure your information is protected from loss, theft or misuse. These precautions include appropriate physical security of our offices, controlled access to computer systems, and use of secure, encrypted internet connections when collecting personal information.
If you have been set up with a client account, you must keep your username and password information confidential, as giving this information to other people will allow them to access your personal details. The section of the website you access to view and maintain your personal details and reports use secure connections in order to protect the information you provide.
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
If you have any questions about this statement or your personal information, please contact us at email@example.com