Mapa Research was founded in 1986 with the aim to help our clients by researching the ‘unresearchable’ – areas that would, ordinarily, have been out of reach. Since banking became digital, we have done this by building a worldwide portfolio of real bank accounts that we track, investigate and report on.
Our detailed and highly visual outputs bring competitor and consumer-related insights to life by showing actual user journeys from the relevant accounts, along with analysis, interpretation and recommendations. One client remarked that it was the difference between having a painting described to you and seeing it for yourself. We like that analogy.
By showing our clients the whole picture – including screenshots from beyond the point of login – we provide vital, real-world evidence to help with strategy and decision-making. Our projects reflect the focus areas in financial services, with insights as to how your competitors are:
- Improving the customer experience
- Innovating and developing new digital products
- Acquiring new customers online
- Cross-selling and up-selling on digital channels
- Allowing customers to service their accounts online
- Creating a consistent experience across devices and channels
- Interpreting new legislation
- Rewarding customer loyalty
- Promoting their products, both before and after login
In March 2017, Mapa Research was acquired by Informa, a world-leading provider of fund management, wealth management, investment banking and retail banking market intelligence and competitive research. Learn more about Informa Financial Intelligence here.
You can find out more about how our Competitor Analysis, Insight Series Reports, Consumer Insights and Bespoke Consultancy help our clients to make better decisions on our product pages. You can read more of our thinking here.